I want to make something clear to my followers:
I am aware of the misogyny, oppression, patriarchy, violence, and sometimes hateful speech that takes place in some Muslim communities.
What my blog covers is the beautiful, the inspirational, the strong, the beautifully flawed, the vibrancy, the richness, and the depth of Islam and Muslims. I do so because this is what I know my religion and my people to be.
If you want to see the downside of the Muslim or Arab society, simply turn on your TV and you’ll get to see it in all its hateful and over exaggerated glory.
Meanwhile, I will celebrate the religion and culture that I have come to love, and which has taught me more about love and life than your TV screens have shown you of hate and death.
- strugglina likes this
- the-uncensored-she likes this
- greensocksofparadise likes this
- leylasaida reblogged this from theuncolonizedmind
- leylasaida likes this
- sparksandfires likes this
- mr-sali likes this
- modernsouljah likes this
- zeal4truth said: Thank you. It’s the way I see things too!!!
- alittleheartandruh likes this
- aqwat likes this
- becausechocolatedeactivated likes this
- seven-less likes this
- seven-less said: YES THIS
- becausechocolatedeactivated reblogged this from theuncolonizedmind
- faineemae likes this
- theuncolonizedmind posted this